Thursday, December 24, 2009

Snow

Who all thinks we will have snow on Christmas? That would be great. The weather man is saying we may get some tomorrow and maybe it will stick around. I guess we will see. We have a couple places to go, but local, so I say bring on the snow. The kids would love it.

Today I finished shopping and wrapping. Everything is ready. I am finally feeling a little more in the Holiday Spirit. I have done a lot of thinking today. I remember back when I was a child and how excited I was. How excited I was about Santa coming. I used to get so mad at my brother, because he was so slow about going to bed the night before and I was so afaird that Santa would pass us up if we were not asleep. I remember my favorite doll that I got one Christmas. She would turn her arm and her hair grew. How neat is that!!
Now I see the same thing through my children. Such a wonderful feeling. I was also thinking today that I want my children to really understand that Christmas is not just about a man in a red suit, it is Jesus's birthday. I do not want anyone to forget what Christmas is really about. I saw on a show where the mother and children bake a cake and celebrate Jesus's birthday. We maybe doing that. I thought that was a great ideal.
And before we know it 2010 will be here. Through everything that 2009 has brought our way, I really feel like 2010 will be so much better. I think mainly because I am stronger now. But, I really feel like we will get through everything. Things are going to get better. There is a lot I want to do and change in 2010 and I just know things are going to be better.

No comments: