I have been working on getting Kyra into a new neurosurgeon, one that deals with Chiari more then just "here and there". Dr. Swift in Dallas, I have heard from several that he is excellent with Chiari. Call it what you want, but I want the best doctor possible for Kyra.
We have a lot of unanswered questions. Has she gotten worse, being the big question.
I got a call today that the doctor has received everything and I was asked several questions. The doctor has stated that she needs a full work up again this year, with some extra tests that have never been completed on her. She explained that this is going to be a process that is going to take time.
If we have learned one thing with Chiari, it is to have "Patience". From here we move on to paper work and getting information from her regular doctor for insurance purposes. After that she will have a full body MRI. She will be put to sleep for about two hours and they will run the MRI (which will tell us a lot, fingers crossed). After the MRI a Sleep Study will be done. We will stay in the hospital for this.
After all tests are complete we will see doctor and get the results. The results are what is so hard to have patience and wait for.
What we have to do is just pray for the road ahead of us.Will keep everyone updated.
Here are the little girls dressed in their Valentine Day clothes.