Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Making Time for Myself

It seems so rare nowdays that I make time for myself. There just seems to be no time. By the time the kids are in bed at night I am so tired. This must change. I need to take time to just sit and do what I want. I like to sit in a room by myself with complete silence, maybe some music, and do something I enjoy. This is usually when I blog and I need to make a point to read more, especially my bible. Most of all at the end of the day I need to be giving my worries over to God, because lately I am having trouble with that.

**Give your worries over to God at night, he stays up all night anyway.

So today I am starting a goal, to give myself at least 30 mins a day to ME. And, not all 30 mins blogging, I need to read my bible. So here we go. I will keep you updated on how I do.

Sunday night at church I went and helped with our youth group. And, what an amazing youth group we have. I could brag and brag on them. Of course, having an amazing youth minister really helps.
Anyhow, each kid brought in some money. The ideal was not to ask your parents, but some of your own money. With this money the kids went shopping and they filled boxes to send to Mexico for children for Christmas.
It is called the Magi Project. Our youth brought in over $500.00. I believe we did around 21 boxes. Each box you spent $25.00 on. We all went shopping. My group did four boxes. Two girls and Two Boys ages 2-9. We were able to get a lot. Toothbrush, toothpaste, toy, soap, underwear, etc.
What an amazing feeling this gave us all. Not to mention that 25 kids brought in over $500.00. Very proud of them. I was so blessed to get to share in that night with not only Haley, but the youth group.

No comments: