Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Two Weeks

Two more weeks and we will be in the air. Have I mentioned that I am terrified of flying. Well if not, I AM. It is something in my head. I have only flew twice. It is something in my head about it crushing. I am just terrified. So, I think that will be the hardest part for me. Well maybe the results of tests to, but still...
But, I will get over it and two weeks from now we will be flying.
Yesterday we got all the papers. It is really going to happen this time. I was scared to believe that, but it has become real. I was starting to think that it was not in God's plan for us to go to NY. But, I now believe it is very much in his plans. We still have lots to do before we leave, but next week we will enjoy Thanksgiving and give thanks for how blessed we are.

A friend reminded me that even with this NY trip Wesley will never be cured and he will never be the Wesley he was two years ago. That is reality, and I think I have finally realized that. Because our life now, is what we are thankful for. It could be so much worse. We still laugh and most of all the kids still have their father.

*God allows us to experience the low points of life in order to teach us lessons we could not learn in any other way. The way we learn those lessons is not to deny the feelings but to find the meanings underlying them.”

No comments: