Saturday, January 2, 2010

Praying God's Word

Patience to wait does not come from suffering long for what we lack but from sitting long in what we have.

I am trying to stick with one of my goals. I have been doing my daily bible readings and I am reading Praying God's Word by Beth Moore. I may include in my blog some of what I read. I just want to give more of my time to God. I think we all get so wrapped up in everyday life that we let the important things slip. I know I do anyway.

Today I took the kids to Chuck E Cheese. 4 kids, a Saturday, by myself, at Chuck E Cheese. I thought maybe I was crazy, but it really was not that bad. The kids had a blast. One last thing before school starts back on Monday.

I am feeling like I may have stuck my foot in my mouth last night. Wesley got a bad headache late last night and did not sleep well. The headache has continued today. He has not felt well today. Has felt sick to his stomach, just the same old Chiari crap. We know and have came to terms with the fact that he will have bad days. Everyday will not be great. But, I will admit, I do not know what he is thinking. But, I can not help but be a bit scared. Please, is this going to continue again, EVERYDAY? One HUGE positive is the shunt he has in now; the pressure settings can be changed. So, by the time he goes back to the Dr. in a week, he may just need the settings changed. The Dr. did say it could take weeks to get the setting exactly how they need to be. We will see. I tell myself every morning, "one day at a time". I would be totally lieing if I said it was not a bit depressing, because it is. I looked around at Chuck E Cheese today and so many kids had their dads there playing with them. Wesley felt to bad to go. It is hard to explain, but somedays it is very depressing. But, so far day 2 of 2010 and I am staying very positive and having the attitude I want to have.

On another note. I have had a few e-mail me regarding Chiari. I am so thrilled that my blog is getting around. I will help anyone in anyway I can. I am no Dr. or expert, but I will try and give support. We can BEAT Chiari together. If you are e-mailing me or if you have left me a comment, please leave your e-mail so that I can contact you. :)

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Hope all is well with you all. I pray for you. It has been 26 days since my surgery and I am doing great. My head is still sore and sensitive. My headaches are gone. My blurry vision and balance are still the same. I know that in time God will make me whole again. I teach 1st grade and i am going back to work. Praise the Lord! God is so good. Happy New Year!!!
Sandi Davis