Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Back in Hospital

I think I have used that title before. I remember the last time we were here about a month ago, I really thought it would be for the last time. I remember walking the halls thinking we would never see this hall again. Such a nice hospital and such sweet caring staff.
Why did I really think we would never be back; I just felt like surely with the shunt gone, being treated for his infection, what else could go wrong?
Here we are again!!
Since the last time we got home Wesley was being treated for staff infection. All seemed to be going well at first. After he finished his last round of medication he started getting the bad headaches back again and just felt terrible. Throwing up, etc. Then about a week ago his head started leaking fluid again. He went back to doctor and they started him on more medication. He has continued to get worse. Very sick and more leaking.
He was admitted into the hospital today. Tests are being ran and we do not know much more yet. The doctors are thinking that the infection is back or has never left. They are also going to do a spinal tap to make sure he is not making to much CSF fluid again. The plans right now are to (subject to change, ha) surgery in the morning to cut him back open and clean the infection spot out and then depending on what tests show we will see hopefully exactly what is going on and if something else needs to be done.
I will update as I can.

**God is not the cause of any suffering in this world, Satan is! To blame God for evil is foolish, because it actually causes us to follow the one who IS truly responsible for pain and problems.
Romans 8:18: "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth being compared with the glory that is about to be revealed ...to us!

No comments: